Our client is seeking a Chief Electrical Estimator (Houston, TX) who is responsible for leading and managing the estimating process from beginning to end. This role will produce comprehensive bid estimates for commercial construction projects.
Forest Electric NJ seeks an experienced Chief Electrical Estimator for its Edison, NJ location. The position is responsible for producing estimates for electrical power, lighting, and low-voltage electrical systems. Candidates must have experience with medium voltage substation and distribution, preferably with pharmaceuticals, hospitals and/or data centers.
CHIEF ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare detailed estimates including assigning material and labor values to take-offs for electrical power, lighting, and low-voltage electrical systems.
- Acquire vendor pricing on specialty materials, equipment, and systems.
- Lead estimate review; periodically follow-up with personnel to review cost trends, forecast (or bids) versus the final estimate.
- Ensure estimate compliance with contract documents, plans and specifications, electrical codes, and company standards.
- Direct, coach and motivate a team of electrical estimators and support staff to ensure accountability and productivity.
- Negotiate and review bids to sub-contractors, vendors and suppliers, reviews scopes of work and analyze costs as bids are received.
- Take an active role in the preparation, review and recommendation of contract scope changes and field related change orders.
- Interface with customers and clients as it relates to the quality and timeliness of services, and maintain strong relationships and industry contacts.
- Assist in presentation preparation, and actively participate in project kick-off and turn-over meetings.
- Assist project management as it relates to certain projects and will partner with other employees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally required to commute to field locations.
- Regular, predictable and reliable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
CHIEF ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ten (10) plus years of experience in estimating commercial electrical construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience in electrical power and lighting, distribution, and low-voltage systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects, and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in hard-bid contract work as well as conceptual estimating.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
CHIEF ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR COMPENSATION:
- We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled.
Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to advance your career in the electrical construction industry? Look no further than iBidElectric! We specialize in connecting top talent in the electrical construction industry with leading companies in need of talented electrical construction professionals.
With our years of experience in the electrical construction industry, we have developed an unrivaled understanding of the skills, qualifications, and attributes that define excellence in this field.
Submit your resume below and an iBidElectric recruiter will schedule a CONFIDENTIAL CONVERSATION to discuss this career opportunity.
The iBidElectric Podcast includes the Top Electrical Construction Job Opportunities on the Market, Compensation Reviews, Career Advice, Employer Advice, Industry News, and more. Subscribe today!
Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Estimator (New York, NY) who will develop and utilize takeoff in pricing materials and labor in order to provide accurate job bids for projects throughout the company. The Senior Electrical Estimator will also follow up on bid projects and provide interaction with clients, as appropriate. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who also has the ability to perform at all levels and types of Electrical Contracting including commercial, industrial, and institutional.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.