The Chief Electrical Estimator (Kansas City, Missouri) is responsible for leading and managing the estimating process from beginning to end. This role will produce comprehensive bid estimates for commercial construction projects.
The Chief Estimator will demonstrate construction cost estimating techniques and knowledge of quantity takeoffs and will oversee the completion of the entire bid from the beginning to the end of the tender.
CHIEF ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct a team of estimators for timely and accurate completion of electrical estimates.
- Perform budget pricing from schematic drawings and narrative.
- Draft scope letters, proposals and vendor solicitations.
- Attend job walks; pre-bid meetings; collaborations and conferences with clients and design professionals.
- Train and develop skills of estimators and estimator trainees.
- Reinforce and communicate company standards for estimating electrical design/build and plans and specs work.
- Maintain and upgrade the company estimating system, database (units and prices), and assemblies.
- Provide estimating system training for all estimators, project managers, and others as necessary.
CHIEF ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of design/build electrical estimating experience on commercial, institutional, and public works projects ranging up to $50M+
- Design / Build experience
- Extensive experience with Excel, Word and one of the major computerized estimating programs (e.g., Accubid, LiveCount, ConEst)
- Analytical, problem-solving mentality
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
CHIEF ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR COMPENSATION:
- Competitive compensation package dependent on experience and work history;
- Health, dental, life, disability, and 401(K).
- Incentive programs.
- Relocation available!