The Director of Preconstruction (Nashville, Tennessee) leads the electrical estimating department. Responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising all personnel in the department while ensuring adherence to best practices and procedures.
This position is a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to develop leadership, participate in a broad range of project planning services, and grow with the company.
DIRECTOR OF PRECONSTRUCTION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and administer department functions including staffing, work assignments, performance evaluations, etc.
- Responsible for all preconstruction deliverables, including but not limited to, Guaranteed Maximum Price and Lump Sum bids.
- Develop and manage preconstruction budget for the project.
- Responsible to manage entire preconstruction process to make ensure the design meets the clients functional, cost, and schedule requirements without engaging in significant redesign.
- Lead meetings with owner, architect, and engineer for all aspects during the project preconstruction phase.
- Assist Building Division Manager to determine what types of projects to pursue, strategies, techniques, etc.
- Collaborate with Division Manager & Project Managers on the project schedule, logistics, safety, constructability reviews, general conditions, and general requirements.
- Ensure any special restriction that might affect the job is identified and documented.
- Obtain schedule input on complex/phased projects.
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal submission, and review margin with Building Division Manager.
- Business Development and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of project delivery methods (CMR, GC, D/B, and IPD).
- Develop, review, and approve assumptions & clarifications.
- Supervise and drive work to be accomplished within the department.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Assist with the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required by clients or management.
- Mentor and train department personnel, and project staff (as needed).
- Conduct project hand-off meetings with Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Maintains an estimating database and historical data.
- Make site visits to jobs in progress (as needed).
- Communicate and reinforce the Company vision, values, and goals to department staff.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor s direction.
DIRECTOR OF PRECONSTRUCTION QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 7 years of conceptual estimating electrical projects up to $10M and larger.
- Experience leading estimating teams at various stages of design.
- Advanced math and computer skills.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of GC, CMR, IPD and Design-Build project delivery.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Excellent supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills.
DIRECTOR OF PRECONSTRUCTION COMPENSATION
- Competitive compensation packages dependent on experience and work history.
- Health, dental, life, disability, and 401(K).
- Vehicle allowance.
- Incentive programs.
- Relocation assistance available.