The Electrical Estimator (Cincinnati, Ohio) will develop and utilize takeoff in pricing materials and labor in order to provide accurate job bids for projects throughout the company. The Electrical Estimator will also follow up on bid projects and provide interaction with clients, as appropriate. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who also has the ability to perform at all levels and types of Electrical Contracting including commercial, industrial, and institutional.
About the Opportunity:
Are you a detail-oriented individual with a passion for electrical systems and a knack for estimating costs accurately? If so, we have an exciting job opening for an electrical estimator that might be the perfect fit for you!
Our company is a leading provider of electrical contracting services in the region, and we’re looking for a talented electrical estimator to join our team. As an estimator, you will be responsible for analyzing blueprints, specifications, and other documentation to prepare accurate cost estimates for our electrical projects. You’ll work closely with our project managers, engineers, and clients to ensure that our estimates are comprehensive, competitive, and realistic.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of electrical systems and their components, as well as experience with cost-estimating tools and techniques. You should also be comfortable working with complex documents and spreadsheets, and be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
As our electrical estimator, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within our organization. We’re committed to investing in our employees’ professional development, and we provide ongoing training and support to help our team members stay at the top of their game.
So if you’re looking for an exciting new challenge and a chance to grow your skills in the electrical contracting industry, we encourage you to apply for our electrical estimator position today!
ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the communication of estimate and scopes of work to the Turner staff, architects, engineers, and owners.
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all Electrical/Technology/LV System items incorporated in the assigned scope – from conceptual design through completed construction documents. Preliminary design work may be required to complete conceptual estimates.
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine required scope that is not already indicated.
- May supervise Assistant MEP Estimators, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns.
- Develop working relationships with local material suppliers and equipment vendors in order to solicit accurate and current pricing of lighting, distribution equipment, low voltage systems, and miscellaneous material pricing.
- Develop working relationships with local Electrical/Technology/LV System sub-contractors in order to build and maintain a robust list of qualified bidders for all projects.
- Perform constructability analysis of project documents. Communicate design and constructability issues to the project team in accordance with the project contract.
- Provide first costs analysis and participate in life cycle analysis with the design team.
- Work together with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that general conditions and general requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate including, but not limited to, items such as temporary heating/cooling, electrical, power and lighting, including estimating of electrical and natural gas consumption during construction.
- Coordinate equipment pricing with Turner Logistics for Electrical/Technology/LV System estimates.
- Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed Electrical/Technology/LV System, materials and equipment that are more cost efficient.
- Act as liaison with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, other Turner staff, and owner’s representatives to resolve Electrical/Technology/LV System issues related to the project preconstruction efforts.
- Prepare and assemble estimates and proposals for different contract types (lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus, etc.)
- Participate in estimate reviews with the design team and client.
- Participate in project hand-off to Operations to ensure proper transfer of knowledge from Preconstruction to Operations.
- Prepare scope requisitions for the bidding/procurement of Electrical/Technology/LV Systems; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Lead the evaluation of subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determine scope coverage and manage risk of scope gaps.
- Assist project staff in evaluating large change orders.
- Gather and analyze Electrical/Technology/LV System bid data for all projects using Turner system breakdown sheets. Maintain historical cost database of the data.
ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 plus years’ experience in the electrical industry.
- College degree preferred or experience in industry
- Possess superior skills in computer estimating and spreadsheet programs such as Accubid.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of through put while ensuring accuracy.
- Proven background with RFIs, Cost estimates hard bids, negotiating, material take-offs, and reading blue prints.
- Ability to lay out proposals; to include front end requirements like bonding or escalation; to read and understand contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Have an understanding of general electrical design and engineering concepts and have an overall general knowledge of electrical material costs.
- Accubid Estimating software is a PLUS.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR COMPENSATION
- Competitive compensation packages dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits package.
- 401k matching available
- Health insurance provided.
- Competitive paid vacation.
- Competitive compensation.
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.