The Electrical Estimator (Davenport, Washington) will develop and utilize takeoff in pricing materials and labor in order to provide accurate job bids for projects throughout the company. The Electrical Estimator will also follow up on bid projects and provide interaction with clients, as appropriate. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who also has the ability to perform at all levels and types of Electrical Contracting including commercial, industrial, and institutional.
ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret job plans and specifications to develop complete and accurate takeoff and prepare bids for the electrical construction of projects utilizing the material and labor based on information from the takeoff.
- Provide post-bid follow-up on projects; negotiate scope and pricing with clients, provide value engineering and/or scope modifications for projects.
- Interact with construction team through the budgeting and kickoff process and as necessary throughout project.
- Prepare estimates on multiple projects concurrently.
ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 plus years’ experience in the electrical industry.
- College degree preferred or experience in industry
- Possess superior skills in computer estimating and spreadsheet programs such as Accubid.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of through put while ensuring accuracy.
- Proven background with RFIs, Cost estimates hard bids, negotiating, material take-offs, and reading blue prints.
- Ability to lay out proposals; to include front end requirements like bonding or escalation; to read and understand contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Have an understanding of general electrical design and engineering concepts and have an overall general knowledge of electrical material costs.
- Accubid Estimating software is a PLUS.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR COMPENSATION
- Competitive compensation packages dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits package.
- 401k matching available
- Health insurance provided.
- Competitive paid vacation.
- Competitive compensation.
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.