The Senior Electrical Project Manager (Nashville, TN) is responsible for generating business, providing general management of electrical and/or specialty systems construction projects, overseeing staff as well as ensure other Project Managers are sufficiently performing those same tasks. The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Accubid and AutoCAD preferred, and knowledge of the electrical construction trade is preferred.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes a positive Company Culture by fostering friendly and constructive employee relations.
- Works with Purchasing Department and vendors to ensure effective material coordination.
- Identifies and generates new business. Networks, establishes, and maintains customer relationships.
- Actively participates in the planning, organizing, and staffing of electrical construction projects. Ensures that projects are completed safely, productively, timely, of the highest quality and according to customer expectations.
- Attends weekly and monthly meetings (i.e., Staffing Meeting, Project Manager Meeting, Sales Meeting, etc.).
- In collaboration with Workforce Manager, participates in performance review process for field leadership.
- Partners with Talent Team to optimize recruiting and selection, employee relations, and other related topics.
- Reviews outgoing estimates with Estimating Department to ensure accuracy.
- Promotes the merit shop philosophy by ensuring effective, fair, and timely performance evaluations for all employees.
- Visits various job sites and interacts with crew, customers, foreman, and general contractors to ensure proper job progress and to support and encourage safe behavior.
- Effectively delegates to direct reports with proper control systems in place to ensure accountability and to prevent decision making bottlenecks.
- Acts as coach and developer of managerial talent; as well as skillfully selects and trains those individuals. Evaluates candidates’ and managers’ willingness to lead, communication and planning competencies, and ability to make decisions under pressure. Assigns team and project-leadership assignments to assess skill/ability. Spends ample time evaluating people in ‘test’ managerial roles. Holds managers who report to him/her accountable for managerial work.
- Manages the boundaries that separate units which report directly and with other parts of the business. Monitors the flow of work between his/her unit and others in the organization; asking questions, and recommending improvements. Understands and conveys functional strategies, business strategies, and corporate mission. Fosters effective cross-functional collaborations to accelerate work processes.
- Creates a supportive environment that allows mistakes but not failure (motivates and instructs; shares positive and negative feedback in a constructive manner).
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience mentoring and managing others.
- Business development/heavy client interaction a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle and Accubid preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
SENIOR ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER EDUCATION
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical training
- Experience: 1 year of electrical estimating experience
- Experience: 5 years experience in the electrical trade and 1 year of electrical estimating experience
SENIOR ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER BENEFITS
FTI enriches the lives of its employees through industry-leading total rewards. Our compensation, benefits, time off, and wellness programs are designed to reward individual results that create team success, improve financial security for our employees and their families, and encourage healthy lifestyles. As an eligible employee*, your programs include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Company-Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellness Program and Incentives
- 401(k) Retirement & 401(a) Profit Sharing Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Performance Incentives/Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And so much more!