Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Estimator (Chicago, IL) who will develop and utilize takeoff in pricing materials and labor in order to provide accurate job bids for projects throughout the company. The Senior Electrical Estimator will also follow up on bid projects and provide interaction with clients, as appropriate. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who also has the ability to perform at all levels and types of Electrical Contracting including commercial, industrial, and institutional.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret job plans and specifications to develop complete and accurate takeoff and prepare bids for the electrical construction of projects utilizing the material and labor based on information from the takeoff.
- Attend pre-bid meetings as necessary.
- Provide post-bid follow-up on projects; negotiate scope and pricing with clients, provide value engineering and/or scope modifications for projects.
- Interact with the construction team through the budgeting and kickoff process and as necessary throughout the project.
- Prepare estimates on multiple projects concurrently.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 plus years experience in the electrical industry.
- College degree preferred or experience in the industry
- Possess superior skills in computer estimating and spreadsheet programs such as Accubid.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of throughput while ensuring accuracy.
- Proven background with RFIs, Cost estimates hard bids, negotiating, material take-offs, and reading blueprints.
- Ability to lay out proposals; to include front-end requirements like bonding or escalation; to read and understand contract documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Have an understanding of general electrical design and engineering concepts and have an overall general knowledge of electrical material costs.
- Accubid Estimating software is a PLUS.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR COMPENSATION
- Competitive compensation packages are dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits package.
- 401k matching available
- Health insurance is provided.
- Competitive paid vacation.
- Competitive compensation.
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.
Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to advance your career in the electrical construction industry? Look no further than iBidElectric! We specialize in connecting top talent in the electrical construction industry with leading companies in need of talented electrical construction professionals.
With our years of experience in the electrical construction industry, we have developed an unrivaled understanding of the skills, qualifications, and attributes that define excellence in this field.
Submit your resume below and an iBidElectric recruiter will schedule a CONFIDENTIAL CONVERSATION to discuss this career opportunity.
The iBidElectric Podcast includes the Top Electrical Construction Job Opportunities on the Market, Compensation Reviews, Career Advice, Employer Advice, Industry News, and more. Subscribe today!
Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Estimator (New York, NY) who will develop and utilize takeoff in pricing materials and labor in order to provide accurate job bids for projects throughout the company. The Senior Electrical Estimator will also follow up on bid projects and provide interaction with clients, as appropriate. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who also has the ability to perform at all levels and types of Electrical Contracting including commercial, industrial, and institutional.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.