Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Project Manager (Charlotte, NC) who is responsible for generating business, providing general management of electrical and/or specialty systems construction projects, overseeing staff as well as ensuring other Project Managers are sufficiently performing those same tasks. The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite, have knowledge of Accubid and AutoCAD preferred, and have knowledge of the electrical construction trade is preferred.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes a positive Company Culture by fostering friendly and constructive employee relations.
- Works with Purchasing Department and vendors to ensure effective material coordination.
- Identifies and generates new business. Networks establish and maintain customer relationships.
- Actively participates in the planning, organizing, and staffing of electrical construction projects. Ensures that projects are completed safely, productively, timely, of the highest quality, and according to customer expectations.
- Attends weekly and monthly meetings (i.e., Staffing Meetings, Project Manager Meetings, Sales Meetings, etc.).
- In collaboration with Workforce Manager, participates in the performance review process for field leadership.
- Partners with Talent Team to optimize recruiting and selection, employee relations, and other related topics.
- Reviews outgoing estimates with Estimating Department to ensure accuracy.
- Promotes the merit shop philosophy by ensuring effective, fair, and timely performance evaluations for all employees.
- Visits various job sites and interacts with the crew, customers, foreman, and general contractors to ensure proper job progress and to support and encourage safe behavior.
- Effectively delegates to direct reports with proper control systems in place to ensure accountability and prevent decision-making bottlenecks.
- Acts as coach and developer of managerial talent; as well as skillfully selects and trains those individuals. Evaluates candidates’ and managers’ willingness to lead, communication and planning competencies, and ability to make decisions under pressure. Assigns team and project-leadership assignments to assess skill/ability. Spends ample time evaluating people in ‘test’ managerial roles. Holds managers who report to him/her accountable for managerial work.
- Manages the boundaries that separate units which report directly and with other parts of the business. Monitors the flow of work between his/her unit and others in the organization; asking questions, and recommending improvements. Understands and conveys functional strategies, business strategies, and corporate mission. Fosters effective cross-functional collaborations to accelerate work processes.
- Creates a supportive environment that allows mistakes but not failure (motivates and instructs; shares positive and negative feedback in a constructive manner).
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience mentoring and managing others.
- Business development/heavy client interaction is a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle and Accubid preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
SENIOR ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER EDUCATION
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical training
- Experience: 1 year of electrical estimating experience
- Experience: 5 years of experience in the electrical trade and 1 year of electrical estimating experience
SENIOR ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER BENEFITS
FTI enriches the lives of its employees through industry-leading total rewards. Our compensation, benefits, time off, and wellness programs are designed to reward individual results that create team success, improve financial security for our employees and their families, and encourage healthy lifestyles. As an eligible employee*, your programs include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Company-Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellness Program and Incentives
- 401(k) Retirement & 401(a) Profit Sharing Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Performance Incentives/Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And so much more!
Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to advance your career in the electrical construction industry? Look no further than iBidElectric! We specialize in connecting top talent in the electrical construction industry with leading companies in need of talented electrical construction professionals.
With our years of experience in the electrical construction industry, we have developed an unrivaled understanding of the skills, qualifications, and attributes that define excellence in this field.
Submit your resume below and an iBidElectric recruiter will schedule a CONFIDENTIAL CONVERSATION to discuss this career opportunity.
The iBidElectric Podcast includes the Top Electrical Construction Job Opportunities on the Market, Compensation Reviews, Career Advice, Employer Advice, Industry News, and more. Subscribe today!
Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Estimator (New York, NY) who will develop and utilize takeoff in pricing materials and labor in order to provide accurate job bids for projects throughout the company. The Senior Electrical Estimator will also follow up on bid projects and provide interaction with clients, as appropriate. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who also has the ability to perform at all levels and types of Electrical Contracting including commercial, industrial, and institutional.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.