Learn Electrical Estimating – Beginner Level
Online & OnDemand Electrical Estimating Course
We specialize in training your electricians, project managers, warehouse managers, and college interns who want to learn the art & science of electrical estimating and become your electrical estimator of the future.
The demand for electrical estimators has never been greater!
There is currently a great demand for educated, experienced electrical estimators. One reason, of course, is the continued growth in the construction sector. The other is the lack of available training. Many colleges today offer construction management degrees. Here, students primarily learn how to become project managers. Therefore, the estimating profession is rarely if at all promoted.
Learn Electrical Estimating Online
Here, we offer the most unique training system for electrical estimators available. Yes, there are other training courses available. Typically these are conducted offline in a remote classroom that can require travel time & costs. Our course is conducted entirely online.
Who have we trained in the past?
- Electrical Engineers
- Project Managers
- Warehouse Managers
- Purchasing Agents
- College Interns
Save money now by pre-ordering this course before completion.
The Cost of the OnDemand Course is now only $1,495.00. Important Note: This course is in the development phase. Lessons 1 -3 are available. Lesson 4-6 will be available on 11/07/20 at 4:00 PM PST with new lessons being added each week until complete. Save now. Beginning 01/01/21 the course will be complete which will allow you to learn at your own pace with no time constraints. After 01/01/21 the cost of the course will increase to $2,495.00.
Over 40 hours of Instruction
Phase 1 – Learn By Watching
You will learn the process of electrical estimating by watching your instructor prepare a complete electrical estimate on a $4 Million commercial project. Beginning with specification review and all the way through the recap and proposal.
Learn By Watching Series
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to Estimating
- Lesson 2 – Specification Review
- Lesson 3 – Plan Review
- Lesson 4 – Introduction to Onscreen Takeoff
- Lesson 5 – Lighting & Lighting Controls Overview
- Lesson 6 – Lighting & Lighting Controls Takeoff
- Lesson 7 – Distribution Overview
- Lesson 8 – Distribution Takeoff
- Lesson 9 – Branch Power Overview
- Lesson 10 – Branch Power Takeoff
- Lesson 11 – Equipment Overview
- Lesson 12 – Equipment Takeoff
- Lesson 13 – Systems Overview
- Lesson 14 – Systems Takeoff
- Lesson 15 – Branch Conduit & Wire Overview
- Lesson 16 – Branch Conduit & Wire Takeoff
- Lesson 17 – Feeder Conduit & Wire Overview
- Lesson 18 – Feeder & Conduit Takeoff
- Lesson 19 – Material Pricing
- Lesson 20 – Labor Units
- Lesson 21 – General Expenses
- Lesson 22 – Estimate Recap & Proposal
Phase 2 – Learn By Doing
Each student will prepare a complete estimate on a project that exceeds an electrical value of $1 Million with a 2-week bid date. The student will be given access to an online takeoff application that will allow them to complete each step of the estimate. Each student will also be given our Microsoft Excel Estimate Spreadsheet that we have spent many hours & years developing. You must have Excel on our computer to use our spreadsheet. You will also need an internet connection to attend our online classes and use the onscreen takeoff software.
Learn By Doing Series
- Day 1 – Download Onscreen Takeoff Software & Estimate Setup
- Day 2 – Specification Review
- Day 3 – Plan Review
- Day 4 – Lighting & Controls Takeoff
- Day 5 – Distribution Takeoff
- Day 6 – Branch Power Takeoff
- Day 7 – Equipment Takeoff
- Day 8 – Systems Takeoff
- Day 9 – Branch Conduit & Wire Takeoff
- Day 10 – Feeder Conduit & Wire Takeoff
- Day 11 – Material Pricing
- Day 12 – Labor Units
- Day 13 – Recap the Estimate & Proposal
- Day 14 – Bid Day